We are committed to ensuring that all personal data we hold is treated properly and in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. With this in mind, we are required to explain to you how we will treat any personal data, which we collect from you.
What Information Do We Collect And How Do We Use It?
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website, purchasing products, entering competitions, registering an account or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number.
- In order to facilitate the fulfilment of product orders you may be requested to provide billing and delivery postal addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, usernames and passwords, and payment details.
- Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, browser type, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit and any search terms that you entered on our website. We may collect this information even if you do not submit any information capture forms or make any transactions using our website, and will use it for our legitimate interests in administering and improving the accessibility of our website, for internal operations (including troubleshooting, analysis of how our website is used, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes) and as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
- In the event that you provide us with feedback regarding our products or services, we may disclose that feedback to our suppliers and to other users of our website where it is in our legitimate interests to do so in order to improve the products and services that we provide. This includes any information that you provide us with if you report a problem with our website (which we will use for our legitimate interests in improving our website).
- We or our third party service providers may use the personal data you provide us in the following manner:
- To provide you with the requested goods and/or services including but not limited to processing and fulfilling your order and administering promotions such as competitions and prize draws.
- To monitor and improve the services and the website
- To manage your marketing preferences
- To contact you if there is a query regarding your order
- To verify your identity
- In certain circumstances in order to process your order and to verify your identity, we may call you on the telephone number you have provided to perform security checks and to request that you verify certain information o Market research purposes.
- To enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements
- In the detection and prevention of fraud; and
- For research, analysis, risk management, legal, accounting, administrative, testing, monitoring and for our business operations.
We may share this information with third parties who are processing your information on our behalf for specified purposes in accordance with our instructions.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by writing to Express Weldcare Services Limited, Unit B3 Empress Park, Empress Rd, Southampton SO14 0JX or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) We have a contractual obligation. (c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a vital interest.
(e) We need it to perform a public task.
How We Store Your Personal Information
Your information is securely stored and will be kept for no longer than is necessary. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. However, the Internet is global and no data transmitted via the Internet can be guaranteed by us to be completely secure during transmission. We cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose online and we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and/or any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
When you access our site, cookies will be used to distinguish you from other visitors to our site. Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. The information is used to track visitor use of our site and allows us to:
- Provide you with an enjoyable experience when you access our site;
- Improve our site; and
- Compile statistical reports on visitors to our site and activity on our site.
Our software will issue cookies to your system when you access and use our site and you will be asked to consent to this at the time (e.g. when you first visit our site). Cookies do not affect your privacy and security since a cookie cannot read data off your system or read cookie files created by other sites. You can set your system not to accept cookies if you wish (for example by changing your browser settings so cookies are not accepted), however please note that some of the features of our site may not function if you remove cookies from your system.
For further information about cookies please visit https://ico.org.uk/global/cookies
Your Data Protection Rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us, calling 023 8022 8668 or writing to Unit B3 Empress Park, Empress Rd, Southampton SO14 0JX if you wish to make a request.
How To Complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us by writing to Unit B3 Empress Park, Empress Rd, Southampton SO14 0JX.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO if you have any concerns with regard to the way in which we process your personal data. With this in mind, we would sincerely appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk