The NEW ESAB Rebel 205 AC/DC multi-process welding machine – The first-ever portable, all-process machine, complete with MIG, Flux-Cored, Stick, DC TIG, DC Pulse TIG, and now AC TIG capabilities, which means – yes – it TIG welds aluminum. It’s a TRUE all-in-one welding system that delivers best-in-class performance in each process in the most portable, durable, go anywhere, weld anything industrial package on the market today.
Package includes: ESAB Rebel EMP 205ic AC/DC power source with 3 m mains cable and plug, MXL 201 MIG torch 3m, SR-B 26 TIG torch w. accessories (3 collet 1.6-3.2 mm, 3 collet body 1.6-3-2mm, 1 long back cap, 3 ceramic nozzles and 3 gold tungstens 1.6-3.2 mm), return cable and clamp 3m, gas hose with quick connector 4.5 m, drive rolls for 0.6, 0.8 and 1.0 mm wire, guide tubes for 0.6, 0.8, 1.0 and 1.2 mm wire, thickness gauge tool.
- True All-Process – excellent performance on MIG, Flux-Cored, STICK (including 6010 electrodes), DC TIG and AC TIG industrial applications
- Professional TIG features such as High Frequency start in DC and AC modes, balance adjustment, frequency adjustment and Pulse DC.
- sMIG Technology – exclusive sMIG (“smart MIG”) feature continuously learns and adapts to the operator’s welding technique to provide a stable arc and superior, repeatable welds; increases productivity for the experienced welder, and reduces training time for novice welders
- Unmatched Portability and Durability weighing in at only 25.5kg, Rebel EMP 205ic AC/DC with 5 handle roll cage can tackle any job around the shop or out on site
- TFT Multilingual Display – packed full of features, Rebel EMP 205ic AC/DC has 4 programmable memory locations for each process, multi-language selection, trim adjustment, inductance control, pre/post flow control and spot weld setting – giving you the ability to fine tune your welds for the most optimal performance
- Amplitute offset – Effortlessly direct more energy into the workpiece, remove heat from the tungsten to avoid balling and damage, create a smaller bead profile, improve penetration, or reduce preheat on thick material.
- Dual solenoid value – Conveniently set up your MIG gas and your TIG gas without having to switch back and forth.
- Pulsed TIG – Pulsed TIG DC range between 1 and 500 pulses per second (pps): Achieve better control and higher travel speeds when working with thin carbon steel or stainless steel.
- AC Performance – AC wave balance from 60% to 90% electrodenegative (EN) amperage: Turn it up to boost penetration, and turn it down to help clean away aluminium oxide. AC frequency from 25 to 400 Hz: Get precise control over the arc cone and direction for superior penetration and higher travel speeds.
Full function TIG features
Fixed or limited settings won’t cut it in the industrial world. We built Rebel EMP 205ic AC/DC for welders who want full control over the arc for unmatched performance. That means you get LiftTIG and high frequency (HF) start, AC wave balance (60%–90%), AC frequency (25–400 Hz), pulsed (DC) (1–500 pps), and amplitude offset – the next level in AC TIG adjustment.