Stainclean pickling paste is a stainless steel cleaner used as the Step 2 chemical in steel welding process after Stainflux application on root side prior to welding.
Stainclean cleanses and passivates welded joints and the heat affected zone (HAZ). Used on welded stainless steels it leaves a clean professional finished weld area. After pickling and ample rinsing with fresh water with low chlorine content (preferably <20 ppm), the corrosion resistance of weld area is restored.
Compatible with all 200, 300 and 400-series stainless steels, precipitation hardened and maraging alloys (excluding free machining alloys such as 303, 304Cu, 316L, 430F, 416, 430F, 420 & 420F).
Pack size – 4 x 1kg bottles
- Restores the corrosion resistance (forms the passive chromium oxide layer)
- Gives a bright welding joint and HAZ, clean from oxides and discolorations
- Efficient and economical. A thin layer 0.5 – 1.0 mm is sufficient for perfect results
Instructions of use
- Clean the surface
- Apply on the required area
- Wait 5 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly with demineralised water or water with chlorine content <20 ppm
- Pressure Piping
- Pressure Vessels