The Wilhelmsen Unitor W-66S Acetylene Flashback Arrestor is a safety device that prevents flashbacks from occurring during gas welding. Flashbacks can occur when a flame travels back through the hoses and into the regulator or cylinder, which can lead to an explosion or fire. The W-66S flashback arrestor works by interrupting the flow of gas if a flashback occurs, preventing the fire from spreading.
The W-66S flashback arrestor is made of high-quality materials and is designed to withstand the harsh conditions of gas welding. It is also easy to install and use. The W-66S flashback arrestor is a valuable safety device for anyone who uses gas welding equipment.
Note. For safety, we recommend annual testing and replacement of flashback arrestors every 5 years, in line with COSWP UK, OCIMF SIRE, and RIGHTSHIP RISQ requirements.
- BAM-certified and OCIMF/RIGHTSHIP-compliant
- Pressure sensitive cut-off valve to prevent further gas supply after a flashback (activated by the pressure shock in front of the flashback).
- Temperature activated cut-off valve to prevent further gas supply in case of fire (activated if the temperature rises to approximately 100° C).
- Flame filter/arrestor to quench the flame front of a flashback or a burn back.
- Non-return valve for preventing reverse flow of gases, thereby preventing a gas mixture from reaching pipelines or cylinders.
- Marking of manufacturing date and serial number for traceability.