Safety Glasses | Protective Glasses
Protect your eyes from harmful UV rays, sparks, and flying debris with our selection of safety glasses. Our glasses are ANSI Z87.1+ certified and feature shatter-resistant lenses. We have a variety of styles to choose from, so you can find the perfect pair for your needs.
What are safety glasses?
Safety glasses are a type of eye protection that is designed to protect the eyes from injury. They typically have shatter-resistant lenses and side shields to protect the eyes from flying debris, sparks, and other hazards.
Why should I wear safety glasses?
There are many reasons why you should wear safety glasses. They can help to protect your eyes from a variety of injuries, including:
- Chemical burns: Safety glasses with side shields can help to protect your eyes from splashes of chemicals.
- Flying debris: Safety glasses can help to protect your eyes from flying objects, such as nails, screws, and sparks.
- UV rays: Safety glasses with UV protection can help to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays.
- Eye infections: Safety glasses can help to prevent eye infections by blocking dirt, dust, and other particles from entering the eyes.
What are the different types of safety glasses?
There are many different types of safety glasses available, each designed for a specific type of hazard. Some of the most common types of safety glasses include:
- General-purpose safety glasses: These glasses are designed for general-purpose use and offer basic protection from flying debris and sparks.
- Impact safety glasses: These glasses are designed to provide more protection from high-impact objects, such as hammers and wrenches.
- Chemical splash goggles: These goggles provide full eye protection and are designed to protect the eyes from splashes of chemicals.
- Welding glasses: These glasses provide special protection from the intense heat and UV rays produced by welding.
How do I choose the right safety glasses?
When choosing safety glasses, it is important to consider the type of hazard you will be working with. You should also consider the features that are important to you, such as side shields, UV protection, and anti-fog lenses.
How do I care for my safety glasses?
It is important to care for your safety glasses properly to ensure that they continue to provide protection. You should clean your glasses regularly with a mild soap and water solution. You should also replace your glasses if they are scratched, cracked, or damaged.