Welding sticks, electrodes, MMA rods or arc sticks, are the most common type of filler metal. They are used for a variety of applications, including steel, iron, and stainless steel. Welding sticks are made of a metal core that is coated with a flux. The flux melts and forms a protective layer around the weld, preventing oxidation and contamination.
Here are some of the most popular types of stick electrodes:
- 6010 rods: These electrodes are known for their fast travel speed and easy arc starting. They are a good choice for welding in all positions, but they are not as strong as other types of electrodes.
- 6011 rods: These electrodes are similar to 6010 electrodes, but they produce a slightly wider weld bead. They are a good choice for welding in flat and horizontal positions.
- 6013 rods: These electrodes are known for their versatility. They can be used in all positions and produce a strong weld bead. They are a good choice for general welding applications.
- 7018 rods: These electrodes are known for their high strength and low hydrogen content. They are a good choice for welding in critical applications, such as pressure vessels and bridges.
When choosing stick electrodes, it is important to consider the following factors:
- The type of metal you are welding
- The position of the weld
- The current you will be using
- The desired strength of the weld
We offer a wide variety of stick electrodes to meet your needs. Our electrodes are from top brands, such as ESAB, Bohler and Weldability-SIF. We also offer a variety of sizes and lengths to choose from.
Shop our selection of welding sticks today!